Hello wonderful people of the interwebs!
So, 2 awards in one week? I know it’s crazy, I’m shocked myself that anybody would nominate me for any awards. But as always thank you to the duo that did nominate me. Arya and Shruti from The Indian Avaaz for the nomination! Please if you haven’t checked out their blog, go check it out! Now onto the the award…
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select 15 other bloggers for this award
- Comment on each blog to let them know you nominated them and link to the post you created.
How did my blog start?
Cancelled plans. A group of me and my friends were supposed to hangout one Saturday night but some people couldn’t come. So I was left to spend my Saturday night alone, binge watching about almost every show on Netflix and reading books. I came across a story on Wattpad called The Anon about a girl who has a secret blog and she basically documents her life through it. To me this sounded like such a great idea because sometimes I feel like I have so much to say but no-one to say it to. And with this idea in my mind, I logged on to the internet and instantaneously made a blog without having previous knowledge or reading a blog prior to that. It all happened so fast that before I could process what was happening, I had one follower. An amazing start to what I hope is an amazing journey.
Advice for new bloggers:
1. Be yourself. Yes I know this might sound cheesy and overused but it’s true. Nobody wants a replica of another blog. If your going to make a blog, you need to have your own voice. Your own style. Be true not only to yourself but to other’s as well.
2. Interaction is key. Follow blogs that you can connect with. If you’ve come across a blog that you love, give it some love. I’m 100% sure the blogger will be incredibly happy and it helps form a bond between the two of you. You can’t make friends by just sitting there and waiting for something to happen. You need to break out of your comfort zone to make friends.
My Nominations…(I’m a bit lazy, so theres only going to be 5 nominations sorry)
Thank you so much and until next time,
The Rant girl